The majority of pool owners often face a challenge when settling for the best pool decking material. I mean, there are so many options to choose from, and each offers unique advantages. Pool builders always suggest analyzing your pool requirements and, most especially, your budget before selecting a pool deck material. Indisputably, your budget is the primary determinant of almost any purchase you make. So, what is the cheapest pool decking material available today?
Suppose you have a fixed budget; pool contractors recommend settling for the cheapest pool decking. Even though some downsides are attached to the cheapest pool decking material, it still offers unique aesthetics. Today, the most inexpensive pool decking material is wood and concrete. Well, concrete is slightly more expensive than wood upon purchase; but incurs fewer maintenance costs. On the other hand, wood is cheap upon purchase but can cost you more in the long run.
Cheapest pool decking option #
Wood pool decking #
- The cheapest pool decking material is wood. So, if you have a tight budget, wood is a great pool deck material option.
- Contrary to popular belief, wood offers high adaptability. As a result, you can customize it to fit your requirements. Wood pool decks can match any layout. In turn, you can transform your outdoor living space into an exceptional haven with wood pool decking.
- Wood is environmentally friendly. Pool owners who passionately care about the environment often go for wood pool decks.
- Using wood as your pool deck material only means that you’ll spend thousands of dollars maintaining it. Wood requires high maintenance. You have to frequently clean and seal the material for it to look good.
Advantages and disadvantages of a Concrete Pool Deck #
- Using concrete as your pool deck material is advantageous. As seen earlier, concrete is affordable. Thus if you are working under a budget, a concrete pool deck would be one of your best options.
- Concrete is highly versatile. Thus, you can customize your pool deck with this material to fit almost any design and pattern. Also, you can incorporate any color that matches your requirements.
- Undoubtedly, concrete is an attractive material. It can bring out an elegant and classy look in your pool.
- Moreover, concrete offers high longevity. Using this material to construct your pool deck only assures you that you won’t have to replace your pool deck anytime soon.
- Occasionally, pool experts consider concrete to be slippery. Thus, it can cause pool accidents.
- Concrete is always prone to cracking. So, prepare yourself to fix a few cracks in the long run when you construct a concrete pool deck.
The cheapest pool decking option is wood. However, concrete is also less expensive and offers fewer maintenance costs. So before settling for either of the two options, ensure you understand their advantages and disadvantages.