Currently, more homeowners continue to embrace the fantastic benefits offered by hot tubs. Hot tubs are standard water features that not only provide relaxation but also boost your outdoor aesthetics. Even so, just like pools, they need to get maintained to increase their efficiency. As a result, homeowners should deep clean their hot tubs at least once in three months. Needless to say, it depends on the usage of your hot tub. Moreover, areas with hard water may experience a hot tub scale, especially when the hot tub doesn’t get cleaned as often.
The hot tub scale is mainly a build-up of calcium deposits on the surface of the tub. Fortunately, you can get rid of the hot tub scale using specific chemical agents like vinegar. Vinegar contains acidic components that clear the build-up of calcium.
Detailed process of how to get rid of the hot tub scale build-up #
- First, remove all the water in the hot tub. Unlike pools, hot tubs don’t contain large volumes of water. So, you can drain the water through a spigot. In case your hot tub doesn’t have this feature, use a pipe to drain out the water. Look for a safe place to store the water.
- Clean the hot tub and get rid of all debris and loose particles. Meanwhile, pat the hot tub with a clean towel to dry. Ensure the hot tub is completely dry before you continue with the regular cleaning process.
- Dilute the vinegar with pure water and place it in a spray bottle. Proceed to spray the mixture on the surface of the hot tub. Don’t leave out any areas. Allow the mixture to sit on the hot tub shell for approximately five minutes. This way, the hot tub scale gets disintegrated.
- Afterward, use a soft brush to scrub the hot tub area. Concentrate on the areas with the hot tub scale. If you need more vinegar for stubborn scales, feel free to use more. Additionally, suppose you have stubborn stains, use diluted baking soda to fix the challenging areas. Afterward, rinse the vinegar or baking soda solution.
- Once dry, add water to the tub. Check the chemistry of the water. If not accurate, balance it out by adding or reducing acid.
Keep scale build up away! #
When removing the build-up, always use a nylon brush to prevent damaging the surfaces. Hot tub scale is a common problem faced by most homeowners. Luckily, there are several techniques you can implement to remove this build-up. You can use a mixture of vinegar or baking soda. Ultimately, ensure that your tub is clean and free from all debris.
You must be logged in to post a comment.