Pool experts often consider pools to be appealing and entertainment features. However, having a pool poses a danger to your home. Based on previous statistics, more than twenty percent of fatalities result from home accidents. As a result, most states have a compulsory law for fencing pools. If you don’t have a pool fence, you might end up paying huge fines.
So, what is the importance of fencing your pool? #
Unquestionably, pools offer lots of entertainment and relaxation. Most of them contain pool fences so that they can prevent any accidents. Also, they protect the pool from vandalism. So, fencing your pool is essential.
Nonetheless, your pool should be under constant supervision, even if you have a pool fence. Always keep children out of the deep areas of the pool.
Types of residential pools that need fences #
Some of the pools that need fencing include:
- All pools that are inbuilt, either wholly or partially should have barriers to safeguard them.
- An above-ground pool also requires a fencing pool feature. However, very shallow above ground pools do not require fencing. But check your state guidelines to be sure.
- Additionally, structures like spas and hot tubs ought to have a fence. Even so, it depends on the depth of the water.
With the evolution of pools, there are portable pools. Usually, a portable pool doesn’t need to have a fence. They are not permanent structures; thus, they’ll be no need for a pool fence.
What are the specifications of a pool fence? #
There are certain specifications that pool fences should meet. Some of them include:
- The fence ought to be at least four feet high. The longer the fence, the better the safeguarding system.
- Beneath the fence, the clearance should be three to four inches high. This way, pets or small children won’t be able to climb over the pool.
- The fence’s surrounding environment should not have any supporting objects. This way, pets or small children won’t be able to climb the pool. So clear out the fence area. Also, ensure your children don’t play around the fence area.
- A fence should have a gate that prevents anyone from entering the pool. Even so, the gates should be user-friendly. They should give you an easy time while operating them.
Ultimately, a fence around your backyard pool is a great feature that safeguards your children and pets. Consult your pool contractor on the best pool fence to use for your pool. Also, choose a fence that fits the size of your pool.